- Clean the duck
- Properly dry the duck with paper (paper tissues/serviettes/napkins).
- Sprinkle with salt from inside and outside
- Let it rest in a cool dark place for 12 hours
- Place the duck in a roasting tray
- Pour the water into the tray
- Preheat an oven to 165°C (329°F)
- Roast the duck slowly for 2,5 hours. Turn upside down occasionally and pour the sauce from the tray over the duck. Pour additional water inside the tray if necessary (evaporated).
- After 1,5 hour of roasting sprinkle the duck with marjoram.
- Roast until the duck has red color.
Homemade recipes from Eastern Slovakia and other cuisines by Paulinka