- 1 cup dried beans
- 5 bay leaves
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half cream (12%)
- 1/2 cup light cream (18%)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 l of water
- 50 grams butter
- Clean the beans.
- Rinse the beans and place them in a large pot.
- Pour the water inside the pot and let it rest for 8 hours.
- Add the bay leaves into the pot.
- Boil the water with beans and let it simmer until half done.
- Add the potatoes into the pot.
- Stir creams with flour properly in separate jar.
- Pour the mixture into the pot through strainer stirring frequently.
- Stir in salt, black pepper and suggar.
- Cook until the beans and potatoes are done (soft).
- Stir in the butter and lemon juice according to taste.
- Serve hot.
Homemade recipes from Eastern Slovakia and other cuisines by Paulinka